Sunday, September 26, 2010

On bands that sound like The Beach Boys

Draft One

"I have an important question for you."
"OK."
"Do you like The Beatles?"
"Yes."
"Do you like bands that sound like The Beatles?"
"Like?"
"The Beach Boys?"
"Well, I actually like a lot of bands that sound like The Beach Boys. And I love 'Good Vibrations.' But I kinda hate The Beach Boys."

Microsoft Word Thesaurus Version

"I have a momentous query for you."
"OK."
"Do you take pleasure in The Beatles?"
"Certainly."
"Do you indulge in groups that are musically reminiscent of The Beatles?"
"Such as?"
"The Beach Boys?"
"Well, I actually revel in a large number of bands that are musically reminiscent of The Beach Boys. And I venerate “Good Vibrations.” But I kinda feel odium toward The Beach Boys."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Maestro said...

I mean, the band that made 'Good Vibrations' and the other music that prevents the question from being non sequitur and the band to which your final four links refer are really two different bands, right?

8:18 AM  
Blogger M said...

Fair point, and it actually connects with the point I was trying to make when I sat down to write this; I'll attempt to write out the full argument in the near future. (N.B. The article in its current form doesn't make any points.)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home